Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The heat of summer

It's been a warm month here on Calypso, so I've spent my time relaxing. Money has been short too, so I've had to find inexpensive things to occupy my time with.

The highlight of the past couple of weeks was a society hunt, with a few ex-members joining in too. We headed up to Chimera Canyons, somewhere I hadn't been to since I did my first exploration of the continent a few months ago. Nearby there was an Umbranoid camp, and we headed in to do some hunting.

The Umbranoids are fairly human-like creatures, so it does seem a little odd hunting them. That said, the moment you approach them they charge at you with daggers, so any quarms rapidly fade. I'd just bought an A104 amplifier for my Opalo, so this seemed like a good opportunity to use it.


It was tougher than I had thought it would be, and if it wasn't for Kyl and his FAP I'm not sure we would have lasted so long. He has some really solid armor, and at one point was calmly healing us with many Umbranoids attacking him.

Although I took nearly 90 PED in various loots, I spent over 100 PED, so I still made a loss. But, it was great fun!

I'm now taking a bit of a break to spend a week or so relaxing on the beaches at Corinth. After that I hope to have some more money to get back out there hunting and mining. Maybe I'll think about some other professions too. But for now, I'm off to find the nearest teleport :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home