Friday, October 06, 2006

It's been a while

After a nice relaxing summer break I'm getting back in to things here on Calypso. Our society has lost a few people, but we've also had quite a few new people join up. I've been promoted to Division Manager too, which is very nice.

I've spent most of my time hunting. My new favourite area is between Chimera Canyons, Aegis Mound, and Fort Ares. I mainly go after Cornundacaudas, but I end up killing a lot of Caudatergus too. I've found that if I stick at the same area with the same type of creature I tend to get better loots.

I started off getting a few good loots over 10 PED like this:


And then I was lucky enough to get an Empty Skill Implant, although it took me a while to realise the value of it. It sold in auction for 96 PED!


One day I met up with a society friend, Mobutu, and we went out hunting in the same area. We managed to get a global, which was my first global ever!


And the good loots continued after this for quite a while:




Whilst looking around other areas I did some mining. I got lots of small deposits of oil, but not enough to make a profit, until I was lucky enough to get an Ample Melchi Water:


And, I must comment on something else I saw - a chick wearing some really cool armor. I'd love to own armor like that!


Back on to more important matters - new gear. I've invested some of the money I've earnt recently on tools to help improve my hunting trips. First up is an A104 amplifier. I carry two Opalos now, one with an A103 and one with an A104. I tend to use the A103 most, but find the A104 useful if I find myself facing a larger creature. I've also purchased a FAP-50 (to complement the FAP-5 I carry) so I have some chance of surviving when I'm caught unawares by a large Atrox :-)

I've been thinking about trying out mindforce again for a while. My previous attempt failed because I didn't have the money to stick with it, but with the income from selling the ESI I looted I decided to have another go. I now own a Lesser Teleport Chip which is implanted in my head. It only lets me jump short distances, but is useful in emergencies... and when I'm feeling too lazy to walk.

I'm in a fairly good position now to start thinking about taking on larger creatures. And, as always, my skill levels are constantly increasing, so I'm getting much more proficient with my tools.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home