Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Spend, Spend, Spend...

I had a few PED spare after Christmas so I thought I'd do a bit of shopping. I started out by doing something about my bald head. I could get a hair style, but I actually quite like having no hair! Instead I opted for getting a hat.

The journey began to find a good store to purchase from. I'd checked out the auctions, but nothing on there really appealed to me. The shop locating process was made easier by the three new shopping malls that opened on Calypso just before Christmas. After a lot of running around I decided that the Twin Peaks mall was by far the best in terms of layout and store quality - well done Neomaven!

In the end I chose to buy from Freyr's shop. He has a good selection of stuff and had the perfect hat for me. So here's a picture of me donning my new Rancher Hat. The colour is great, don't you think? :-)


But I still had one more thing to look at: apartments. I did a fair amount of research in to this and came up with the following requirements list:

  • Must be cheap (so not Bilton Towers!)
  • Must be very near a teleporter
  • Must be near facilities such as auctions, terminals, and storage

There were plenty of places on Amethera that fitted this bill, but I finally settled on Sakura City. The only downside to Sakura is its distance from New Oxford (the teleporter people initially have on Amethera), but maybe that's not a bad thing ;-)

The other choice was Genesis Amethera, but the service center there is just too much of a trek from the teleporter.

With all that in mind I started looking at apartment sizes. There were no large apartments left - I guess resellers got those, since they're mostly empty. The difference between a medium and small in size wasn't much, but the price difference was. So I ended up with small apartment in the Sachi Condos. The location is perfect, so I'm very pleased with this purchase.


As you can see, though, I still need to sort out some furniture and lighting. But I'll need to go and earn some more PEDs first ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home