Saturday, January 20, 2007

A trip to the rig

I started out today looking around the shops for things to put in my apartment. It looks like Buz has a good selection of stuff in the Twin Peaks Mall, including complete sets of Ghost armor which I might need to investigate!

Whilst looking around I bumped in to two of the most well known characters on Calypso: Akoz and Neomaven. For those that don't know Akoz owns many land areas and Neomaven owns the Twin Peaks Mall that I saw them in. They were setting up a shop for an event of some sort - Akoz' Barber Shop.


It's nice to be around such skilled and wealthy people. Maybe one day I'll be admired like that (... day dreaming ...).

Later on I heard about an event going on at Camp Phoenix. It seemed some of the uber mind essence people were setting up wormholes to travel to the oil rig. This had been done before, but I'd always missed it. I headed straight over to Camp Phoenix to investigate.

On arrival it was chaos. There were so many people there that I could barely move, and I had no idea what was going on. Someone spotted the wormholes being created in the distance so I fired up my teleport chip and jumped over. After a few failed attempts I finally managed to get in the wormhole and arrived at the oil rig.

When I got there it wasn't much of a sight. The wormhole had dropped us right next to the rig itself, but other than us lot it seemed a bit empty. A few of us took a look at the rig itself:


There were some bodies littering the ground, so I suspected uber players were around somewhere. Then a lady in black came charging in and shot a guy in OJs right next to me (you can see her in the picture). I didn't think this was particularly nice, so I showed her the barrel of my Justifier and turned her in to another statistic.

At this point it occured to me to have a better look around. There were banks and hills surrounding the rig and on top of those hills where the uber guys lined up. They'd seen what I'd just done and swiftly dealt me the same justice.

I revived south west of the PVP zone and decided to head back in. A couple of TP jumps later and I was there - why did I never try that before? I had a better look around this time, carefully avoiding the Atrox Alpha that was stalking around near the ubers. I saw a couple of society members in the distance, but before I could reach them I was once again dead.

After reviving again I decided to head home. I started teleport jumping west in the direction of Twin Peaks. On the way I discovered a creature I've only heard about before - the infamous Araneatrox spider. Fortunately it was chasing someone else and ran right past me:


Taking this as a lucky sign I jumped out of there and soon arrived back at Twin Peaks. That was enough fun for one day - so it was back to Sakura to sleep in my new apartment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home